Trade Stand Application – Terms & Conditions
- Sites are sold in units of 3m width or 6m width.
- ALL STANDS MUST CLEARLY DISPLAY THEIR TRADING OR CHARITY NAME
- Catering (including confectionary, cakes, drinks etc) must be booked as such and the appropriate fees paid.
- Generators are not permitted except in exceptional circumstances and then only with the specific permission of the Organiser providing the terms and conditions for generators are strictly adhered to. If permission is granted the generator must be diesel, super-silenced, fenced, correctly earthed and fuel stored in an appropriate manner. Where these conditions are not met and the generator is deemed unsafe by the Health and Safety officer, the organisers reserve the right to turn off and confiscate the generator. No petrol generators under any circumstances.
- Closing Date for applications for stand space is 28 March 2024. Applications will only be considered if accompanied by payment in full. Confirmation of acceptance will be issued within 21 days of receipt of the application wherever possible. Applications which are not successful will be returned within 21 days of receipt. Applicants placed on a waiting list will be notified.
- LOCATION – THE FIELD OPENS AT MIDDAY ON SATURDAY 25 MAY FOR SET UP. CERTAIN PITCHES WILL BE MARKED OFF FOR THE ORGANISER’S USE, AND THE REST ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVED ON ARRIVAL. PITCHES MAY NOT BE RESERVED NOR CORDONED OFF ON SATURDAY FOR ARRIVAL ON SUNDAY.
- Health and Safety – All applicants are required to complete a Health and Safety Declaration Form which will be emailed after applications close. Alternatively, a signed and dated risk assessment specific to The Atholl Gathering may be submitted along with a signed copy of the Declaration Form. Risk assessments / health and safety forms must be adequately completed in order to be considered for a pitch. If they aren’t deemed adequate, your application will be returned. There is information, including examples, available on the Health and Safety Executive’s website at www.hse.gov.uk/risk.
- Any exhibitors whose stands are deemed unsafe in any way will be asked to cease trading, shut down and leave the site immediately. No refunds will be given in such instances.
- Fire Regulations – All materials used in the construction of trade-stands should be constructed of non-flammable materials or be effectively fireproofed. Exhibitors should not keep on their stand or the surrounding area any flammable, explosive or dangerous substances. All avenues, aisles and fire exits must be kept clear of exhibits. Exhibitors should not park any vehicle so close to the back of the trade stand that it would cause an obstruction in the event of emergency evacuation of the trade stand.
- Catering exhibitors will also be required to complete a Food Exhibitor Checklist, a copy of which will be sent to Perth & Kinross Council Environmental Health office prior to the event. Any exhibitors that PKC deem unfit after inspection of these checklists will have their pitches revoked and refunds will not be given.
- Public Liability Insurance – a copy of your public liability insurance certificate (to a minimum of £2million cover) must be sent via post or email to validate your application. Failure to do provide proof of cover will result in your application being declined.
- Late applications may be considered if there is space available.
- Exhibitors are to open for business between the hours of 9.30am and 5pm. No bookings will be taken from any exhibitor who does not agree to comply with these opening hours.
- Vehicles – No vehicle movement will be allowed on the event site between 9.00am and 5.30pm. This will be strictly adhered to. Any vehicles not in position before 9.00am will be required to park in the public carpark.
- Completion of the application form does not constitute acceptance by the organisers. The organisers reserve the right to decline any application without stating a reason.
- Refunds – Exhibitors cancelling their booking in writing before 1 May 2024 will be entitled to a refund less 20% to cover administration costs if their pitch can be filled. After that date, refunds are at the discretion of the organiser and are not guaranteed, and will only be considered if the stand space can be refilled. All cancellations must be notified in writing.
Atholl Gathering, Atholl Estates Office, Blair Atholl, Perthshire, PH18 5TH
Invoices will be issued via email to successful applicants